We hate the sight of them in our homes. Our first impulse on seeing those ants or cockroaches in our home is to reach out for that Pesticide spray and cover the pest in its clouds. Have you ever given a serious thought as to what might be attracting these pests into your home? It could be those crumbs lurking in corners, or dirty dishes in the sink. It is time to look for some natural ways of getting rid of those pests without relying on the strong chemicals. Those poisonous fumes could be dangerous for your family too, especially if you have small children and pets at home.
The most common and specific pests that we often have to deal with are ants and cockroaches. You must have noticed that those roaches always come back in spite of using the sprays. Let us look at some easy and simple but natural ways to get rid of these pests forever without those pesticides.
To keep away the ants
- Create bug balls to bait the pests and once they carry it back to their nest, it can destroy their colony.
- Ants get repelled by crushed cloves, red pepper, cinnamon, etc. as they are unpleasant for them.
- Ants do not seem to like the smell of Vinegar too and run away.
- Takepure household ammonia and fill a spray bottle and use the spray on the areafrom both inside and outside to repel and kill the ants.
- Ants also get repelled by a solution of vinegar, waterof tea tree oil and mint oil.
To keep away the cockroaches
- Sprinkle cornmeal with baking soda that can swell inside the stomachs of these insects and kill them cockroaches
- You can make a solution of boric acid, sugar and warm water and sprinkle it near the drains where you are most likely to see the roaches.
- Place garlic, bay leaves, and a cloth soaked in eucalyptus oilwhere the roaches settle so as to keep them away.
- Use cockroach baits which are a gel with poison mixed in with the food. The roaches eat the poison and take it back to their next where they kills the other roaches on the nest.
- One can make a dry mix of boric acid, flour and cocoa in the ratio of 1:2:1 and dust the corners and holes and along the cupboards and their sides to kill those pests.
Maintain hygiene and cleanyour kitchen regularly if you want to keep those roaches and ants away.Seal door and window sills carefully and see where they are coming from.Check thearound for any holes through which the roaches may enter, Take out the trash regularly and dispose it off carefully. Look for the entrantsfor ants like windows, holes and cracks. These are good locations to use the above preventive measures to keep away the ants.
You can finally get free of ants and cockroaches, once you have tried the above remedies. These are some easy and simpletips to kill cockroaches or ants without pesticide.