Health is wealth. There is a proverb that sound health is the prerequisite of happy life. To maintain a sound health every one knows they should follow some make small changes to their daily lifestyle. A healthier lifestyle leaves you fitter, stronger, with more energy and also reduces the risk of diseases. Your choices determine whether you’re awke and ready for the world or run down and tired, can you afford to avoid proper nutrition, physical exercise and adequate sleep, the foundations of maintaining sound health.
Sufficient nutrients are essential to have a healthy lifestyle. Some tips to consume proper nutrition from our daily foods
- Properly chew foods. The stomach takes about 20 minutes to send a message to the brain that you are full. If you take this time for chewing, the stomach gets enough time to send the message and it is also helpful for proper digestion.
- According to many nutrition scientists it is better to have 6 small meals in a day instead of 3 meals. If your stomach is empty, the metabolism is decreased and the calories are not burned which makes you fat. So consider taking more frequent smaller meals each day. Do not consider this a single solution for maintaining good health. People may take 3 meals or 6 small meals but bacuase of other factors such as diet choice and exercise habits, it doesn’t affect their health.
- You should consume more fish than chicken as fish is more rich with antioxidants and avoid red meats. Red meats contain high amount of saturated fat which is harmful to your health and may lead to high cholesterol.
- Include fiber rich foods like oatmeal, bran, fruits with the skin, brown rice in your daily food menu to prevent constipation.
- Use the least amount of salt in cooking.
- Drink 3 to 4 liters of water every day.
- Take 2 antioxidant rich foods in your each meal to prevent cancer. Specially I am mentioning the cancer seemingly the most common disease in each and every family. For the breakfast you may include fruits (strawberries, blueberries, mulberries, grapes, figs) and nuts (walnuts, pecans, almond, cashews) with your favorite cereal. During the lunch and supper you may add spinach, carrot, fish and some other dark green vegetables according to your choice. If you like to take tea you can take green tea (without sugar) as the source of antioxidant. An excellent option for some time is a vegetable juice containing lettuce, carrot, tomato, apple (with skin), spinach and beetroot
According to experts moderate consumption of wine is good for your health. 1 to 2 glasses for women and 2 to 4 glasses for men each week. Drinking in excess of this amount of wine can be harmful harmful.
- Wine can preserve the memory.
- Studies find that people who take wine regularly have lower body mass than those who don’t take.
- Red wine contains some antioxidants like Resveratrol but very often it is not absorbed in the body. As the source of antioxidant spinach is far better than wine.
- Wine increase the level of HDL (High density lipoprotein), which reduces the risk of heart disease.
- A little amount of wine intake helps to boost the brain.
- Those who drink one glass wine daily are likely to prevent the gastric causing bacteria.
- Wine helps to build strong bones.
In the case of wine consumption you should keep in your mind that wine is beneficial if you take it moderately.
Regular physical exercise is essential for sound health. You should take physical exercise which suits you. You may consult with a physician to select a suitable exercise for you. A very common and easy exercise is morning walk. There are so many health benefits of physical exercise.
- Adults (18 to 64 years) should do at least 2 hours and 30 minutes exercise per week.
- Children and adolescents (6 to 17 years) should do 60 minutes or more physical activity per day.
- Young children (2 to 5 years) are not recommended specifically but they should actively play several times in a day.
You may take exercise at any time but morning exercise is best for you. There are so many beneficial effects of physical exercise. Some of them are
- Helps to control weight.
- Make you active, frisky and strong.
- Helps to improve your mood.
- Boost your energy.
- Have a very positive effect on sexual intercourse.
- Promotes sound sleep.
- Maintain the proper digestive system.
- Leads a good blood circulation
Adequate sleep is very important for healthy life. It removes tiredness and makes you ready for the new challenges of a new day. Sleeping time is the resting period of your brain which helps to work your brain perfectly.
To have adequate sleep some habits are helpful
- Try to go to bed at a fixed time.
- Make your bedroom suitable for sleeping in a peaceful environment.
- Taking a cup of milk before going to bed is helpful for sound sleep.
- Those people who have insomnia, may take some light physical exercise in the evening.
It is very necessary to refresh your mind after a long work day. You may listen to some music, go to visit some of your favorite places over the weekend. A herbal bath is a good way to remove your tiredness, just a 30 minute soak can help rejuvenate. Sometimes you may take tea or coffee in a nice mug, sitting in a nice place can remove your melancholy and irritation. You may keep some of your favorite ornamental plants in your home as a source of refreshment. It’s totally up to you that which things do you like to refresh yourself but make the change today for a brighter happier you.