Learn how to understand your rave chart and body graph in human design
As you get your personal Human Design chart you are going to get a unique series of planetary symbols and numbers together with a triangle made out of different geometric shapes, lines, colors and a profile. That triangle is the body graph, a visual compilation of the written information and numbers inside the chart. This body graph stands out as basically a map of the individual’s unique energy configuration.
Reading the body graph is not that easy and it is always a good idea to have someone else tell you what it means. However, understanding at least the basics is always a good idea. Here are some things you should remember.
9 geometric shapes are present, being associated with the Human Design 9 centers in a way similar to chakras. These centers are:
- Head – Inspiration
- Throat – Action and communication
- Ajna – Certainty
- Identity – Life direction, love and self
- Will – Value and willpower
- Emotional Solar Plexus – Associated with emotional clarity
- Root – Associated with adrenaline energy
- Sacral – Life Force energy and work force energy
- Spleen – Associated with time, the immune system, intuition and survival
Some of the centers are colored and others are white. A white center is an open center and a colored center is defined.
A defined center shows you energy that is consistently radiating towards the world. These are personality aspects that are almost always true, no matter how the environment influences you. Definition is associated with planet and gates positions as you were birth so such centers are always visible and active.
The open center will amplify the information and energy that comes from your surroundings. Energy is inconsistent because it keeps changing based on where you are and who you are with. In many cases this can feel a lot more intense than with the defined energies because changes keep appearing and waves are experienced.
Most people end up thinking that an open energy is their own, thus trying to fix personality aspects without actually understanding that behavior is just because of the outside factors. Try to learn where you are as centers are open. In such places you can be faced with a lot of pain if you do not get it how the energy works. However, the open centers are also paramount for huge growth and vision.
The body graph’s motor centers define the energy kind of the individual in the following ways:
- Will Center – Willpower is an energy that creates and manages endurance and physical resources for shorter time frames. Rest cycles are necessary.
- Sacral Center – This highlights energy needed to nurture, work and your sexuality. The energy is sustainable and does not need rest or breaks.
- Emotional Solar Plexus – Emotional energy is located in this center. The energy will cycle through outer expression and inward integration, often influencing overall mood. Energy here is used to create when mood is right.
- Root Center – You find adrenaline here, meaning the energy located in this motor center is giving you adrenaline pushes, always operating in on-off cycles.
Every single motor center influences your overall energy in a direct way.
Pressure center body chart configuration allows you to figure out what pressure can be experienced in life, offering brand new ways in which you can work with that pressure in order to be more relaxed and reduced stress.
- Head Center – Mental pressure base. If it is open, pressure is felt as you feel you have to figure something out or you believe you have to find answers on a constant basis.
- Root Center – A center for your adrenaline energy. If this center is open, pressure is felt to feel free, normally leading to various rash decisions as you try to avoid stress or pressure.
At an individual level, we all are just parts of a larger whole. The definition of the individual appears in connection with others. Every person brings in pieces that are unifying us at an energetic level, giving us what we see as human experience. Even if you just go out to have a drink with your friends you will feel the energy. Designs of staff members and customers blend with a large aura being created. Thus, group energies have to be taken into account as they are the ones that complete the centers that are not complete.
The body graph’s 9 centers are connected through lines. These are the channels, a total of 32. As you read the graph, the color of these channels show you a personality aspect in the following ways:
- White – The gates are open, allowing you to take energy from both gates in relation to the world.
- Checkered – Personality aspects that are in unconscious and conscious definition.
- Red – Personality traits that are not known at a conscious level.
- Black – Personality traits you are aware of at a conscious level.
When the above mentioned channel ends in the body graph we see a gate with a number. Channels have a name based on the number of the gates. For instance, one name would be 33/19. We have 64 gates that are correlating to 64 hexagrams noticed in I Ching. One gate ads personality flavor.
The last thing to know about the body graph is definition, which is about colored-in channels we see between the centers. We have single definition when defined centers will be connected. A split definition is when 2 distinct energy center groups are connected inside a group but not with each other. We also have triple split and quadruple split definitions. This is important in finalizing the understanding of the body graph since we tend to be attracted to those people that have gates bridging splits that are defined with us. We basically end up feeling hole as we meet such people and spend time with them, from an energetic point of view.