Easter is right round the corner. Even if we still have a lot of weeks ahead, it is never too late to prepare. You will want to serve a wonderful Easter dessert and we all know that it is better to try before we actually choose what to offer. With this in mind, here are 2 wonderful Easter dessert ideas that are simply to die for.
Carrot Pineapple Cake
Carrots and pineapple? Just bare with us!
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt and one of baking powder
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 and three quarters of a cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of flaked coconut
- 8 ounces of drained, crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces of package cream cheese
- A quarter of a cup of softened butter
- 2 cups of confectioner sugar
How to prepare:
You start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a 9X13 inches pan, flour and grease it. Now you need to mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a pot. Use the center well method to add oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Use a wooden spoon to mix until smooth and add the coconut, pineapple, walnuts and carrots. Add all in your pan and bake for around 45 minutes. Allow the cake to cool and then make the frosting. This is done by creaming butter and cheese until all is smooth. Confectioner sugar is added and beaten with the frosting mix until everything is creamy. Add and you Easter dessert is ready.
You might not consider a strawberry pie for Easter but we are sure you will have a lot of success with this one. It is really easy and cheap to make.
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries
- 9 inches pie crust – baked
- Three quarters of a cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Half a cup of heavy whipping cream
How to prepare the Easter dessert:
Half of the strawberries you have should be arranged in the baked pastry shell. The remaining ones have to be mashed and then combined with the sugar. Do so in a saucepan as you then need to add it over medium heat. Bring to boiling point and remember to frequently stir.
Take a small bowl and whisk the water with the cornstarch. Stir the mixture gradually into the strawberry mixture that is boiling now. Heat has to be reduced and you then need to simmer for around 10 minutes, until everything is thickened. Add the mixture over the pastry shell strawberries. Chill everything for a few hours and for every served slice, make sure that you have whipped cream available as it is very tasty.