There is no reason why you should have Easter without a great Easter cake. There are various options that you can consider but we just stopped to look at two. One of them is more in tone with the holiday while the other is perfect for any occasion. After all, any excuse to eat chocolate is great.
The Best Carrot Easter Cake You Will Ever Make
Do not take our word for it. Try it and we are sure that you will love it. Carrot Easter cakes are quite popular and you will surely find many recipes for them but this is the one that we have to recommend.
What Do You Need?
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 6 cups of grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 and a half cups of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 cup of crushed, drained pineapple
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 and a half of teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
How to make the Easter cake:
Take a medium bowl. Combine the brown sugar and grated carrots. Put aside for 1 hour and add the raisins. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Flour and grease your cake pans. Use 2. Take a large bowl and beat the eggs until they are light. Gradually add in white sugar, vanilla and oil. Add pineapple. Combine the baking soda, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add to the wet mixture and make sure it is absorbed. In the end add carrot mixture and walnuts. Evenly pour in your prepared pans.
You have to bake for around 50 minutes. The cake has to be tested with the use of a toothpick. Cool your Easter cake for 10 minutes before you will remove it from the pan. Frost everything with cream cheese frosting and you have a tasty Easter carrot cake that you will love.
Chocolate Cappuccino Easter Cheesecake
- A quarter of a cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of chocolate cookie crumbs
- A quarter of a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 8 ounces of softened packaged cream cheese
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ounce of semisweet chocolate – squares
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of whipping cream
- A quarter of a tablespoon of salt
- 1 cup of sour cream
- A quarter of a cup of liqueur – coffee flavored
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee granules – dissolve in a quarter of a cup of hot water
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of coffee flavored liqueur and confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ounce of semisweet chocolate – square
How To Prepare The Easter Cake:
Preheat your oven to 175 degrees. Butter a springform pan. Combine the wafer crumbs, 2 white sugar tablespoons, butter and cinnamon. Mix everything and add the mixture to the sprinform pan. Butter it accordingly.
Take a bowl of a medium size and beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add 1 cup of white sugar gradually and mix it properly till it is blended. Add one egg at a time and beat at a lower speed. Melt the semisweet chocolate by adding 2 tablespoons of whipping cream in a bowl or pan. Add the chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Add the sour cream, coffee, salt, the coffee liqueur and the vanilla. Add the mixture into the pan you prepared.
Bake everything right in the middle of your oven for 3 quarters of an hour. You will have a softer center that will eventually firm up. Make sure that you do not over bake. Leave your cake inside for as much time as it took to cook it but turn off the flame. Chill for half a day and top your cake with flavored whipped cream. Use chocolate leaves to garnish.
The flavored whipped cream is made by beating the whipping cream and then adding 2 tablespoons of coffee liqueur and confectioner’s sugar.