Leading a guided meditation is really complicated. It is not at all easy to handle this since you are responsible for the well-being of the individuals that you guide. While there are many things that can be said, we will just remain focused on those that are of high importance. Make sure that you consider the following and you will find it easier to lead a guided meditation.
Steps To Take
Always make sure that you speak slowly and calmly. You want to express warmth during the meditation. You will need to write a script or can use something that another person wrote. If you use someone’s work make sure that you attribute it and acknowledge it before the session. Background music can be used but it is also possible to do everything in complete silence. A bell is normally used in order to mark the start of a meditation session. At the same time you need to start all with a deep breath.
When you move through the meditation session, all has to be peaceful and you need to take everything as slow as is needed. Silences are normally great and you can always end a meditation by inviting people to come back. That helps a lot more than you might think.
Composing/Choosing Guided Meditations
Leading the guided meditation is not so difficult. You need it to be well-built from the start. Because of this, make sure that you remember the following characteristics of the perfect and the most effective meditation:
- The guided meditation instructs, with a focus that is put on an intellectual experience instead of an emotional effect. In most cases the teacher will present data to students. In some cases everything is associated with a question or a problem to discuss.
- The listener needs freedom during guided meditations.
- All the sessions go on slowly at paces that are gentle.
- Remember that this is not a prayer so the meditation should be different. It is not important for the session to mention anything religion related.
- While the meditation does not have to be written in advance, it is a good idea that you want to consider to make everything simpler.
Meditation sessions have to be taken at a really good pace, one that is strictly connected with the person that is guided. The personal experiences of the teacher should not be taken into account. You always want to remain focused on a meditation type that is good for the person, one that will not make the individual sad. While in some cases you can use different meditations that are generic, sometimes it is important to use an option that is perfectly tailored for the individual.