Bathroom is usually the place where your day begins and ends. We all want to use a sparking-clean bathroom, but thanks to humidity and heat this is not only the place where we can relax while taking a shower, but also a favourite refuge for bacteria that can be pretty dangerous for your health. You can now banish germs from your bathroom once and for all with a few easy steps.
It may sound somehow funny, but this is a fact – the bathroom where you maintain your personal hygiene is actually one of the dirtiest places in your home, where not only thousands of bacteria live, but also there are some toxins that can hurt you. Sometimes taking some drastic measures is the best solution to this problem, because otherwise you risk having some unexplainable health issues.
Remember that bathroom must be cleaned at least once a week. This is the sanitary minimum and is not a negotiable issue. Bacteria literally lurk everywhere – around the toilet seat, under the sink, in your tub, on the shower curtain and the tiles. Often bacteria is the cause of the bad smell in the bathroom, which you can’t make disappear just like that. So, instead of trying to hide the dirt in your bathroom, clean it regularly and show no mercy about it.
How to get rid of bacteria covering our shower
Drinking our coffee after a hot morning shower guarantees us enough energy to start our day with a smile. However, were you aware of the fact that your shower is actually a perfect breeding ground for germs that just wait to go right on top of your heads the moment you run the water. And we assure you, this can be as dangerous as inhaling them. The bacteria on our shower at home are more than one hundred times more than the ones in the water. The good news is that people who have a strong immune system are put to a considerably smaller risk but pregnant women, children and people whose immune system is weaker thanks to a disease are in danger. The symptoms of a health problem that can be observed due to inhale bacteria are different but the most common are cough, shortness of breath, fatigue and constant weakness.
Here are a few tips that will help you get rid of the germs covering your shower:
1. Put a metal shower instead of a plastic one.
2. Disinfect your shower by soaking it in some vinegar for at least a couple of hours. The longer, the better.
3. Make sure you clean the little holes on the shower head thoroughly and remove the scale and limestone.
4. Always wipe the shower well after you have finished using it.
5. Do not forget that vinegar is one of the best natural products that you can use for cleaning not only the shower but also the whole bathroom. In order to avoid the smell, you can try washing the tiles and shower with plain water mixed with a some drops from your favourite essential oil.
6. If you feel that all this stuff is not for you, you are tired, you don’t have time or simply you want to spend your free time doing something else, you can always consider the idea to hire cleaning specialists. Actually, most of the professionals can handle such a task in 10 to 15 minutes and that will save you a lot of time and nerves.
Of course, there is great variety of detergents in the stores. You can use the ones that you like best, but don’t forget that there are also some old-fashioned cleaning methods that will do the job perfectly. And the best part is that they don’t contain chemicals and toxins. Sounds nice, huh?